Mueller Electric Company Building
Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH
The $11M rehabilitation project was awarded $1.7M from Round 16 OHPTC and took advantage of $2.2M from Federal HPTC.
National Register (# 16000042) and Historic Preservation Tax Credit (HPTC) rehabilitation project for the 100,000 sq.ft. former Mueller Electric Company factory. The company was established in 1908 and became the largest manufacturer and distributor of alligator and insulated electric clips in the United States. The 1922-1976 Commercial style building was designed by The George S. Rider Co., a Cleveland based engineering/architectural firm specializing in manufacturing and industrial design. The rehabilitation was conducted by Midwest Development Partners, LLC and Sustainable Communities Associates, LLC and included converting the building into 55 apartments, along with interior courtyard and roof decks. Project completed in July 2018 with full occupancy.
- 2018 Urban Developer Award
- 2019 CRS/AIA Distinguished Adaptive Use Award
Josh Rosen, Partner
Sustainable Communities Associates
Architect: Bialosky Architects, Cleveland, OH
Contractor: John G. Johnson Construction, Cleveland, OH