Forest City Bank & Seymour Blocknw-admin2021-01-14T21:01:04+00:00
Forest City Bank & Seymour Block
Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH
The $13.7M rehabilitation project was awarded $2M from OHPTC in Round 15 and will take advantage of $2.7M from Federal HPTC.
Historic Preservation Tax Credit (HPTC) rehabilitation project for the 70,000 sf former Forest City Bank and Seymour Block located in the West 25th and Superior Historic District. The 1904 Neo-Classical Forest City Bank was designed by the prominent Cleveland architectural firm of Searles and Hirsh. In 1918, the bank entrance was modified to serve as the west entrance to the Detroit-Superior High-Level Bridge’s subway system. The 1886 Italianate style Seymour Block was designed by notable Cleveland architects Cudell and Richardson. The Seymour historically housed the famed Keifer’s Restaurant and Tavern. The mixed-use rehabilitation includes 38 affordable residential units and first floor restaurant and shared workspace “Beauty Shop”. The project was awarded $10.8M from LIHTC. The redevelopment is part of a larger project known as “Quarter” the West 25th & Detroit Project undertaken by the Snavely Group which is also comprised of a new $54M mixed-use building including 194 residential units and 30,000sf of commercial space.
Cleveland Restoration Society’s 2020 Preservation Achievement Award